Sunday, May 5, 2013

My top 10 faves in the Make Up Bag!!

Hello All!

Today I want to list my 10 favorite makeup items I feel every girl should have in her little makeup bag to get you gorgeous and feel confident in the few minutes you have in the morning before you fly out the door to begin your hectic day:)
So many lady friends and clients always ask me... "Heather, as a makeup artist, can you tell me what is honestly the best necessities to have in my makeup bag that can make me look good fast before my crazy day begins?" , which as we all agree, is pretty much all the time for most of us! By the way if you are looking for a professional on location make up artist and hair artist Savannah, GA, please find me at www.beyondbeautifulbyheather.com

1. Concealer!!~ A good creamy consistency one! Honestly one of the best inventions known to woman:) Concealing all the red spot areas often will get rid of the need for foundation!! Under the eyes, corners of nose, corners of mouth , crease in chin, acne marks or age spots, between the eyebrows.
2. Eye Shadow Base ~ You can find these by the dozen in Sephora or Ulta and they all tote their own greatness but honestly, I find they are all quite similar in outcome. I prefer the tinted ones personally compared to the clear ones. It makes a nice
pallette for your shadows and liner!

3. Tinted Moisturizer ~ Honestly, there is a difference in tinted moisturizers. Some are truly better in consistency and blendability and color tones than others. My fave is the original first created tinted moisturizer..Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It's just amazing ladies!

4. Eye Brow Pencil or Brow Powder~ You have to frame the eyes ladies! It's like hanging an unframed painting on the wall. Even a little bit of brow powder in between the brow hairs if they are sparse, and accenting your natural arch makes all the difference:)

5. High Lighting Champagne or Goldy Colored Eye Shadow~ Find one that is shimmery. This should go right on the eye lid and a touch on the brow bone..your eyes just pop right up when you do this!!

6. Defining Mascara~ So many choices out there..ugh!! Honestly, find one that works for you, even if it is a drug store brand, but going without mascara is just not an option girls:)

7. Blush~ Smile ladies!! Blush is scientifically proven to make us appear..Rested, Happy, Healthy, Content, Loved & Excited. Dont' skip the blush girls. It's my favorite beauty item I think:) Smile first and then pop the color on the apple of the cheeks!

8. Pinkish Red Lip Color~ O.k. I know a lot of you are afraid of lip color.. But it really makes the lips look plump and pretty and finishes the face! If you are not a fan of lipstick and liners, choose one of my favorites for a toned down moisturized version from Burts Bees Shimmer Sticks. These are awesome and come in beautiful healthy looking sheer colors!

9. Bronzer ~ Choose one that is not too dark for you ladies! We often want to have a faux glow on our porcelain faces, but choose one too dark and our face no longer matches our body! LOL.. For a nice drug store brand, try Physicians Formula Bronzers.. They are good for the price!

10. Eye Liner~ Don't forget one of the most important items!! Last but not least, eye liner pencils. I prefer the ones you sharpen instead of the self sharpening ones you twist up. You get a sharper cleaner line! Choose a waterproof kind in very black and brown. For drugstore, Revlon Color stay are nice!
There you have it ladies! Enjoy!
Heather F.
Beyond Beautiful by Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment